Forum PLUCHON.COM

Le forum du support des applications.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 2015-01-19 07:56:54

jeroenh
Membre

Feature request: progress indicator

Tiny Reader is awesome, and I am very happy that it allows me to not have to use Google for reading RSS.

I often use Tiny Reader on the train, where my data connection is not always reliable. When I swipe forward or use the button, there is no feedback that this was actually successful. Normally you quickly get a new page, but if your connection is slow, nothing happens for a while. This is annoying, because it does register extra swipes and button presses, moving forward a few articles.

Would it be possible to add a small 'working' indicator to see that the button press was received and the new article is being fetched?

#2 2015-01-20 18:09:03

Pascal
Administrateur

Re : Feature request: progress indicator

Hi,

The activity indicator is visible in the status bar when articles while loading articles (not sure this is always the case when loosing connection).

ActivityIndicator.png

cool      Pascal

#3 2015-01-26 20:59:05

jeroenh
Membre

Yes, the progress indicator shows, but often it takes a second while before it does. And it does not always show.

This may be because I'm using my iPad mini over a mobile hotspot with my iphone, but I don't think that that matters that much.

I really think it would be better if tiny reader itself would show a progress indicator. That is the only place where you can reliably see if tiny reader is waiting for something.

#4 2015-01-28 07:17:08

Pascal
Administrateur

Ok, perhaps I can that as an option.

cool      Pascal

Pied de page des forums