Forum PLUCHON.COM

Le forum du support des applications.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 2013-10-07 01:14:12

shannonp
Membre

a few suggestions...

Firstly, thanks for an awesome app.  Been using it exclusively several times a day when not in front of my Mac.  I do have a few suggestions and 1 bug to report although I have noticed that one of these is already on your radar but thought I'd add my +1...

• Ability to change the article list to oldest at the top
• Tap to the side to close the article window
• Automatically have "all articles" selected when tapping on a subscription
• Increase the amount of articles displayed (150 max??).  Not really a huge issue if I can browse oldest at the top.
• Go back to the subscriptions list when all articles have been read
• Portrait view for iPad

bug
• starred items not listed

Please keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Shannon

#2 2013-10-08 10:02:51

Pascal
Administrateur

Re : a few suggestions...

shannonp a écrit :

Firstly, thanks for an awesome app.  Been using it exclusively several times a day when not in front of my Mac.  I do have a few suggestions and 1 bug to report although I have noticed that one of these is already on your radar but thought I'd add my +1...

• Ability to change the article list to oldest at the top

Already in my to do list

• Tap to the side to close the article window

This is not standard for a page sheet (which is a modal window). And It will not work on iPhone and on iPad in portrait mode, because the window is full screen.

• Automatically have "all articles" selected when tapping on a subscription

Ok, but I need to add icons first. And I think this should be an option. On my todo list.

• Increase the amount of articles displayed (150 max??).  Not really a huge issue if I can browse oldest at the top.

The API returns 200 articles and I don't use pagination, so I'll add this if I have enough time.

• Go back to the subscriptions list when all articles have been read

Ok, but as an option too.

• Portrait view for iPad

Need some work. Added to my todo list.

bug
• starred items not listed

Can you give me an example please ? Not sure of this bug.

Please keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Shannon

Thanx

cool      Pascal

#3 2013-10-08 21:27:10

shannonp
Membre

Thanks for the responses.  Am happy with anything you can do.  About the starred items, when viewing in a regular browser I have 126 starred items.  In the app (when viewing special categories) it says I have 0 starred articles and when I tap the category to view the articles nothing shows in the list.  All other categories are working and show the same as when viewing in a web browser.

Shannon

#4 2013-10-24 20:54:33

Pascal
Administrateur

shannonp a écrit :

Thanks for the responses.  Am happy with anything you can do.  About the starred items, when viewing in a regular browser I have 126 starred items.  In the app (when viewing special categories) it says I have 0 starred articles and when I tap the category to view the articles nothing shows in the list.  All other categories are working and show the same as when viewing in a web browser.

Shannon

Ok, I think I've found what's wrong...
In special categories, most of the time articles are marked read... Select "Starred articles", click "All" et voilà ! Articles are back.
Same thing with all other special categories.

Perhaps I need to always show read articles for special categories ?

cool      Pascal

#5 2013-10-25 00:22:09

shannonp
Membre

Ah, yeah I can see that.  I guess a new user might find it confusing especially if the special category shows "0".  If it isn't a huge deal then it might be a good idea.

Cheers,
Shannon

#6 2013-10-27 09:28:56

Pascal
Administrateur

Well, the API only returns unread count...

I've found a workaround : for special categories : "Starred articles", "Published articles", "Recently read" and "Archives articles",  force the request to "All" instead of "Unread" (and "unread" for the other special categories).

I've also added icons in the article view ;-)

cool      Pascal

Pied de page des forums